Baseline Sectional by Eilersen
Ask a question about this product Lowest Price Guaranteed
Price: Call for Pricing
Born a classic! Eilersen bestseller is named after its expression. Clean lines and simple elegance makes Baseline to a comfortable starting point of a new interior.
The flexible modular design offers unlimited possibilities for customization. The modules can be used independently or combined into a system.
Seat and back are padded with a flexible layer of pre-compressed fibers that provide extra seating comfort and a rounded look. 10 inch wide armrests give a balanced look, extra seating for children, space for a bowl of snacks, and good head support if you lie.
You can choose to cover your Baseline from Eilersen large selection of fabrics and leathers. The cover is attached with strong velcro and can be maintained and changed easily.
Sectional is stocked in Tunnel 36 fabric and Tangent 40 fabric.
Sectional is in stock in both colors with the chaise on the left or on the right.
Other colors are available for custom order from Denmark.
Download brochure for available configurations.
Eilersen gives 5 year warranty on frame, springs and cushion contents.
1. SEAT. A seat cushion alternative, which also fulfils the almost maintenance-free stability and downy appearance of the down cushion and ideal sitting comfort and climate, is the down-top cushion, which consists of a core of high-elastic polyurethane foam filled with 100% goose down and fine feathers sewn into channel divided case of down proof cambric.
3. UPHOLSTERY For the upholstery, Eilersen uses a heavy, durable, polyurethane foam, which has been made exceptionally soft to ensure comfort and, therefore, maximum life. Futhermore, the foam is subjected to repeated mechanical compression to reduce the inevitable loss of hardness during use. As a result, Eilersen furniture has built-in, lasting comfort, a form with ideal elasticity.
4. FRAME. Precision-machined solid wood offers a light and flexible sofa frame whose parts are glued and assembled with dowels. Year and year out these frames stand up to the often immense strain to which upholstered furniture is exposed.
5. FIBREFILL. Fibrefill offers a seated person a sensation of downy softness. Yet it is important that this sensation is retained even after prolonged use, and varying fiberfill quality is soon noticed after limited use. Cheap, lightweight, hard-carded fiberfill collapses after a brief period of use, whereas heavier, more expensive fiberfill, which is pre-compressed and mostly consists of chemically-bonded fibres, is much better at retaining volume. Like polyurethane foam, the price of fiberfill increases with weight and number of treatments, but unfortunately the quality of the fiberfill inside a piece of upholstered furniture is not apparent when you look at the outside.
6. CUSHION CASE The cushion case is down-proof cambric divided into channels to prevent the filling from excess movement. In your piece of furniture all cushion except the seat cushions are filled with goose down and fine feathers.
7. FILLINGS. The goose down and fine feathers used in the cushion filling offer a casual cushion and a piece of furniture with ideal sitting due to ability of the fine feathers to absorb large quantities of moisture. The disadvantage, however, is that if the filling gets moist it tends to stick together. Therefore this type of cushions has to be dried and shaken regularly to retain softness and volume.
8. SEAT COMFORT. The excellent, long-lasting seat comfort and silent buoyancy are ensured by the use of nozag springs, which are individually mounted in special nylon-lined fittings. The main ingredients of polyurethane foam, a synthetic upholstering material, are polyisocyanates and polyonls. Polyurethane foam has a porous cell structure like a sponge. During the manufacturing process, the thickness of the cell wall can be controlled and thus the weight and hardness of the finished product. All polyurethane foam becomes softer with use, so it is easy to imagine that thicker foam with a thicker cell wall is more durable for a longer time.